6 Tools to Help Fight Stress and Anxiety
- Practice gratitude daily- Write down 1-3 things every day that you are thankful for and ask others what they are thankful for today.
- Breathe deeply – Try the box breathing technique to reset your breathing and focus for the day.
- Eat a healthy diet – As the saying goes, “you are what you eat”. Start tracking your food with myfitnesspal.com or www.sparkpeople.com.
- Get moving – Go for a walk, climb the stairs, try yoga, do some push-ups or practice daily stretches.
- Practice self-care – Do something every day for yourself, read a book, take a long bath, call a friend, or take a nap. Self-care is important to keep your social gas tank full.
- Adopt a purpose mindset- Identify how your individual talents and abilities can help others today. Be mindful and intentional with your actions throughout the day and move forward with purpose!